Explore Park, located adjacent to the Blue Ridge Parkway, is a 1,100-acre preserve, situated along the Roanoke River, offering both IMBA certified mountain bike trails and access to hundreds of miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway. It includes more than 14 miles of trails and camping.
Although Explore Park is open to the public, some things require advance registration. Find adventures and register online.
Here are a few things you may enjoy:
- Treetop Quest offers climbing and zipline adventures for ages 4 and up
- Blue Mountain Adventures offers campsite rentals (with your gear or theirs)
- Don’t feel like roughing it, check out a yurt or cabin rental from Don’s Cab-Inns
- Pack a picnic or enjoy food and beverage at Twin Creeks Brewpub in the historic Brugh Tavern
- Enjoy a lazy float down the Roanoke River with Blue Mountain Adventure tube rentals
- Spend the afternoon playing disc golf on the Mayflower Hills Disc Golf Course
- Mountain bike trail options (6+) ranging from <0.5 miles to >10 miles. Many of the trails are loop trails and are easy to moderately difficult
- Great trail running routes as well and events put on by Mountain Junkies each year
Learn more about Explore Park and everything it has to offer from Roanoke County Parks, Recreation, and Tourism.