Building Community Through the Outdoors.
Roanoke Outside creates economic growth, throughout Virginia’s Blue Ridge, by leveraging natural assets to attract investment and talent. Through business attraction, signature outdoor events, strategic partnerships, social offerings, and infrastructure investment Roanoke Outside seeks to establish the Roanoke Region as a place where businesses want to locate and where people want to live. Roanoke Outside manages www.roanokeoutside.com and a portfolio of brand-building events that include Blue Ridge Marathon, GO Outside Festival (GO Fest), and Go Cross Cyclocross Race. The Roanoke Outside Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization and is part of the Roanoke Regional Partnership family, which also includes Get2KnowNoke.
Roanoke Outside seeks to impact the greater good of the community by organizing or partnering with others to:
- Educate citizens about benefits of outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, biking, climbing, fishing, and paddling.
- Encourage environmental stewardship and conservation through recreation.
- Build and support collaborative process between public and private stakeholders that help support the development and maintenance of the region’s outdoor infrastructure.
- Increase access to the outdoors by maintaining and enhancing existing outdoor assets while also investing in new infrastructure and opportunities.
- Support and promote local and regional planning for outdoor opportunities that support the economic and health benefits outdoor recreation provides.
- Encourage the exploration, enjoyment, and preservation of Virginia’s Blue Ridge recreational assets for human-powered outdoor recreation activities.
- Protect the wilderness character of the Roanoke Region’s outdoor assets through conservation of water, forests, parks, wildlife, and related resources.
- Promote and celebrate safety, proficiency, and responsibility in all aspects of outdoor recreation.
- Promote appreciation and respect for the value of outdoor activity.
- Educate citizens on how to use outdoor assets to improve quality of life.
- Serve as a convener and facilitator of collaborative action among the partners involved in outdoor recreation and environmental stewardship.
- Create health benefits from outdoor recreation that extend into economic benefits such as increased productivity and reduced medical costs.
- Build a culture of conservation through recreation and education targeting school age children.
- Be a vehicle for funding, managing, or implementing outdoor related programming and infrastructure improvements
- Use outdoor events to raise support and awareness for health initiatives and environmental stewardship
If you would like to learn more about locating your business here, or partner with Roanoke Outside on an event or initiative, or use our influencer marketing capabilities, please drop us an email.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions!
Director, Roanoke Outside Foundation
Director of Outdoor Branding, Roanoke Regional Partnership
Roanoke Outside Foundation